Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My thoughts on Motherhood

I love being a mom! I just have to say that having a daughter is so much fun! At the beginning of this journey I would often tell people that I loved being a mom, but that motherhood is hard. I have now figured out that being a "mom" is not difficult, but rather, being the very "best mother" I can be has it's challenging moments. I guess I am just not worried about my own convienance right now and I am okay with not doing things the easiest, most convienant way. I am sure so many of you mothers understand and strive for the same things. Honestly I feel so blessed to have the time and oppourtunity to be at home with Gabbie and to take care of her tender needs (thanks to daddy for working so hard for us so I can be home). I love holding her, feeding her, playing with her, teaching her, laughing with her....it all is wonderful and I don't feel as if I could ever do enough for her at this precious time of her life! I am enjoying every day with her and I look forward to each new thing she learns! Already motherhood is so rewarding.
One of my favorite times of the day is bedtime. We sit in the rocking chair, listen to lullabies, and snuggle together. I love her sleepy face after I have fed her. How can she stay asleep in this position..she must be comfy!

Sleeping

Tummy Time on Daddy's leg!

4 comments:

Lisa Burraston said...

She is seriously so cute! Can't wait to see her in person!

beth said...

I love the curled hair! It's SO cute!

BoltonBlog said...

She is so cute!! I love those sleeping pictures. It is an image that will stay in your mind forever. You are a great mom and have really amazed me. I know I have so much to learn from you. I am amazed with your patient and loving attitude, always putting Gabbie first. She is beautiful!

Charis said...

I knew you would get a knack for it. Being a mom is the greatest blessing, and biggest challenge all at once. That is why the Lord gave us husbands, to calm us when we are sad, and take over when we are exhausted, and be the blessing in our lives when nothing else seams to be. Husbands are God's greatest blessing, and my favorite thing! We are both blessed to have some of God's greatest husbands!