Sunday, August 15, 2010

Break Downs and Jack Johnson


This has been a crazy week! Chad has been extremely busy at work. I have been prepping for a wedding I am doing flowers for this week, just life basically. On Tuesday Gabbie and I went up to Roy to go swimming with cousins. We had a great time! On our way home my AC went out on the car. I didn't think too much of it - rather I thought - I need to hurry home cause it is heating up fast in here without the AC. Gabbie was napping peacefully. So about 20 min later I was on 1-15 in the fast lane headed home. Without any warning (perhaps the heat gauge would have been a clue but I had looked at it earlier and it was fine) I lost all power to my car. Panic set in quickly as I tried to wrap my mind around what was happening and what I needed to do. I threw on my hazards, started waving my arms and honking that I needed to get over. This all happened in Sandy where there is construction. Somehow I managed to get off the freeway without getting hit. I was trying to get off safely and not make the situation worse for others around me. Chad came right away to rescue us - I was a mess because of what had just happened and little Gabbie was so upset and confused. We then had the car towed to the dealer. To make a long story short, the engine in the Elantra is toast, (all dealing with the radiator and the engine overheating). We decided to not get the Elantra repaired. The cost involved would be more than we wanted to spend at this point on a vehicle that we weren't sure would be reliable after the fact. We had also had some conversations earlier about what we would want in a new vehicle. ( Not that we knew we would be looking this fast but you know). Anyway we are the happy owners of a new Jeep Liberty! We are just getting used to it but we love it so far and feel really great about the purchase!
After all that has happened this week, I got to go see Jack Johnson at Usana Amphitheatre! Haley and I had been planning this for months so I was happy that I still got to go. What an amazing concert venue! Everyone says parking was a nightmare - and it is. One way in and out - but we left early and avoided the delays.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I am so jealous! I love Jack Johnson. I am glad nothing happened to you! New car is worth it though. Ha Ha

BoltonBlog said...

I can't wait to see the new purchase. I am so sorry about that experience. Thanks for coming to play with us, though!