Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December

December was a crazy month for us. I am sure all of you would also say the same thing. We have had a great time though. We have spent a lot of time with family and friends and have truly enjoyed a beautiful Christmas season. Infact I would say this was the best Christmas to date for me probably because it was so much fun for Gabbie and that made me so happy! On Christmas Eve we got together with Chad's extended family at Great Gradma's and had dinner, and played games. Then we came home and as a family we read the story of Jesus's birth in Luke, it was so special! One of those precious memories that I want to continue each year. After hearing the story Gabbie then repeated the story in her own words!
Christmas Eve Pajamas
Other December Happenings:

We went and had breakfast with Santa at Gardner Village. It was Grandpa Bob's work party and he invited the family to come. So Gabbie did sit on Santa's lap despite her hesitation at first. I don't think she was too excited about it but she did get a goodie bag which she loved.

We made lots of cookies for our neighbors. It was a fun and messy project for Gabbie and I. She has the sprinkle job down pat.
This year for Chad's work party we got to eat at Carver's in Sandy for dinner. It was delicious and it is always so fun to get together with the people he works with. I love seeing him in his element. He is so comfortable around these guys and is always cracking jokes the whole time with them. It is a really great party every year. It makes me very greatful for Chad's boss and his job. Then we drove to SLC and got dessert at Red Butte Cafe before attending the play It's A Wonderful Life at Pioneer Theatre.

My brother and his family came to Utah from Texas to spend time here with family for Christmas. They stayed with us one night and it was great to see them. Gabbie had lots of fun with all her cousins - especially her younger cousin Daphne. She played and followed her around the whole time she was here!

No comments: