Chad: Ok so this guy is busy. Let me say it again..BUSY with work. I have never seen him more swamped. Like 50-60 hr work weeks. Since becoming an official Architect this last summer, responsibilities and "get done now" lists grow. I do not know how he manages to get everything done that needs to be done for the dozen projects that are "his". Chad you have impressive work ethic. On top of work pressure he still manage to play and help with Gabbie every day! Thank you for working so hard so we can enjoy life.
Gabbie: I have one phrase. Potty Training. Since we have been home a lot lately we have been working on tackling this huge task. I am really proud of her. It is proving to be quite the process but we are making progress! Some days Gabbie will go with no pee accidents all day. Other days it is like we take a step back, but that's ok. She has yet to poop in the potty, but I know that will come. I have tried not forced this on her at all. We have plenty of time! The last thing I want is for this experience to back fire. She is also becoming very good at using her imagination and talks to me non-stop all day long. We play lots of games together as a family which is so fun. She is a great sleeper and napper. Most afternoons she will sleep for 2-3 hours which is good because that is when I try to get everything with the house done. Nights have been great too. She will still wake up occasionally and come into our room or she will yell for me. It usually takes a hug and kiss and then she is back to sleep. I have been woken up several times lately to her talking in her sleep...hmmm...I don't think her brain ever rests! I love this girl. I can't believe she is almost 2 1/2. Oh and did I mention that she loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? Thank goodness we have some episodes on demand.
Heather: I have been reading some great parenting books. I have so much that I want to post about this subject - maybe someday I will have time to gather my thoughts! I love being a mom and I want to be the best mom I can be. I also have a new calling - 2nd counselor in our Primary Presidency. We are still getting organized. There are 130 kids in our primary ( all but a few are active). On top of that we also have about 50 nursery kids. I have my work cut out for me but I am up for the challenge. I finally painted a wall in Gabbie's play room with aspen trees. It turned out fun! I had my dad in town from Cali last week and my mom is here (Utah, Idaho) from Nauvoo this week and next. I am so blessed!!! I hope you all are doing well.
4 comments:
primary, eh? I can't IMAGINE 130 kids... that's like a small elementary school! Wow, good luck with that... and tell me what your secret is to management of the masses... when you figure that out...
Heather, we miss you guys! Thanks for the update and hope all is well!
MC
wow, have fun in the primary! love your wall, great job!
Yes, your blog is getting read. I love to open it up and see the new pictures. So don't think your posting is going unread, because I am one of many I suppose who love to read your updates.
Post a Comment