Friday, August 7, 2009

Harvard House

The following pictures are of the "Harvard House." The house is located on Harvard Avenue in Salt Lake City. This is one of the first projects that I had my hands in from start to finish. Along with the owners input, I designed, completed the plans and helped along the way during construction. It was a learning experience and I think that it turned out fairly well and seems to fit well into the historical nature of the neighborhood even though an addition was placed on the rear as well as a new porch. (before pictures on the left, after on the right)

A side vestibule was also added to the house where coats and misc items could be placed before entering the main part of the house.

On the rear of the house a master bedroom and bath as well as another bedroom was added. The bay window provides a sitting place for the owners to sit and read a book.

On the interior the wall between the family room, dining room and kitchen was removed and a beam was placed that allowed the kitchen to expand and have a more open feel at the front of the house. The owners love to entertain and so the kitchen was a focal point of the remodel.


The owners seem to love the house and I think that it still fits very well in the neighborhood. What are your thoughts?

5 comments:

Brad said...

I think it looks really good. I think you are right that you kept the feel of the area while adding some updated conveniences and additional space. Definitely fits in more than some of the other remodels I have seen in the area.

beth said...

It's amazing. No wonder the owners love it! I would too.

Heather said...

I can't believe how great it looks Chad! You did an amazing job. It is like night and day seriously.

Kristine said...

You did awesome Chad!! Seriously it looks fantastic. I bet the owners are estatic!

Charis said...

Wow I am impressed chad. If I hear of anyone looking for a designer for help remolding I will send them your way.!