Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Past Due Update

So I am finally blogging again. I know it has been awhile! I'm convinced no one reads our blog anymore, but I thought for the sake of the few who may.. I should post! 2010 has been a great year so far. We have been keeping busy but are very much looking forward to warmer weather!

Chad is doing well. He has started another blog called chadspencerphotos.blogspot.com. Each day he posts a new photo that he has taken over the last several years. I totally love all his pics. You all should check it out. For awhile things were slow for him at work...like working on only a few projects at once. That all changed very quickly this last month and now Chad has like 12 projects he is working on at once!! So that is a good thing. As hard as being swamped with work is - He absolutely can rise to any occasion and I am very proud of him. He has passed 5 of the 7 exams necessary for a licence as an Architect. There are two remaining one of which he took this past weekend and so now the waiting for results continues! Chad also installed hardware on our kitchen cabinets a few weeks ago, which I love. I must also say that Chad totally spoiled me this year with 30 tulips for Valentines!! We have also gone on a few dates recently which has been really fun.

I have been keeping busy trying to keep up with Miss Gabbie. Oh wow how she is keeping me on my toes! I finally went to Massage Envy to cash in a gift certificate and that was SO relaxing! I also got to go to a Jack's Mannequin concert with some girlfriends and we had such a great time!! I survived my first root canal despite having serious issues with going numb. I am also in the process of putting together a portfolio/new blog etc with the past work I have done as a florist, so that is exciting for me. I hope to be able to pick up some occasional floral work in the future! I also am trying to learn more about photography! If any of you need pics of your kids, or families I would be very happy to help!! Of course I have my ever growing list of interior projects to get to with the house - and I also have several ideas brewing for the yard this spring! We will hope that at least a few get accomplished. Lastly I will just mention that my mom came to visit from Nauvoo last week. We decided to take a road trip to visit my sis in Boise and had a great time!


Miss Gabbie is so much fun! She continues to learn and grow and amaze us every day. She is almost 18 months old, which I can hardly believe. She absolutely loves being around other kids and is getting the hang of playing with them. She has discovered coloring/scribbling which is a good and bad thing:) She is at the stage now where we will ask her to say something and she will!! At least she gives it a great attempt and we love her little voice. She is starting to pick up quite the vocabulary and loves learning simple sign language. We have a bird feeder out on our back pourch that she loves watching. She is sleeping really well at night (Hooray) unless she is sick or teething. Right now we are treating her for some bronchitis and an ear infection which developed after her last cold. Luckily we caught them both before things got too serious but I am so grateful that I just took her in! Besides that she is just such a great girl and we are so lucky to have her. She is literally "our life" and we love giving her all of our attention and we wouldn't want it any other way!!



We hope you all are doing well!!

6 comments:

Brad said...

Its true, Heather I had given up reading your guys' blog.... but only because there hadn't been an update (Like I have any room to talk). Glad everything is going well, but I was sad to hear Gabbie had a rough go of things with being sick. Kids being sick just sucks.

Kristine said...

almost 18 months ... that means nursery!! That is always a great mile stone for me.

It sounds like you guys are doing well. I love all the great pictures. Miss you guys and hopefully a trip to Utah will happen this year but as of right now it doesn't look promising.

beth said...

That picture of Gabbie on Chad's head is hilarious!
What fun times you all have had lately! We'll have to get together again soon.

Brittney said...

Good to hear an update. Keep it up, I still read your blog :) I love all the cute pictures! It really is a fun age.

Audrey Hammer said...

Maybe you can take pictures of us. Our most recent family picture is over a year old. I think age 1 to 2 is the most fun. They're so cute then.

Charis said...

busy busy busy! I want hardwear in my kitchen, I am ever so jealous. When I have my baby in April I will be wanting family pictures. . . so we will have to talk about a time. or maybe just pictures of the kids. . .