June is always a busy, fun month. Every year Chads' family goes to Strawberry Days -which consists of a parade in the morning, an afternoon full of fun, and a rodeo at night all in Pleasant Grove. Chad's cousin and I made matching strawberry dresses for our girls to wear to the parade. It was my first dress!! I was just happy to complete it. I will say that I enjoyed it, but I need some lessons in basic sewing before I will attempt more clothes. I also made her matching hair bows!

Some of the kids waiting for the action. Gabbie loved sitting in the little chairs!

Miss Talya and Miss Gabbie looking cute.

We went to great grandma Gillmans house and enjoyed a BBQ, a bounce house and water activities. Aunt Nat got this action shot of Gabbie. She has always loved jumping so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised at how much she liked it.



So I just have to say that I have quite the cowgirl! I was so excited when Gabs actually agreed to wear cowgirl boots to the rodeo. She did really well and loved watching all the animals and events. Dad made sure to show her around the grounds beforehand.


Gabbie with cousin Stokton....not sure what Stokton is doing but they still look cute. It was a fun day!

We went to the zoo again with some friends of ours who came down from Logan. Hannah and Olivia took really good care of Gabbie and helped her out lots. She loved having them take care of her and she still is talking about it 3 weeks later.

Ever since our trip to Oregon Gabbie has not been sleeping well in her crib. So we thought it may be time to try a Big Girl Bed. So we converted the crib into a daybed. She was super excited about it and we thought we may luck out...but this week she has been sick...so really we haven't had much success with it yet. We did get a rail so that will make me feel better about having her in there. She fell out once, only like 8 inches off the ground, but still. Anyway so exciting and a little sad too. Our girl is growing up so fast!!

Speaking of growing up...I went to my 10 Yr High School reunion this past weekend up in Logan. It was a little awkward and weird but mostly fun. Really the girls just hung out. None of us brought our husbands:) We had an awesome dinner and after we hung out and made a campfire. A few of my close friends were not there, but it was great to be with my girls again!! I feel lucky to still be in touch with them. Good times for sure. I feel old!!

4 comments:
good job on the dress! love Gabbie's boots.
I love Gabbie's swimsuit. . . oh maybe because Kendell has the very sameone! I love that I feel like she is modest, and protected from the sun. . . wish they made one like that for me! :) well actually for all the women out there, I don't like seeing naked or near naked women! :) he he he.
Wow, you guys have been livin' up summer. I love that Gabbie lets you dress her up, those boots are adorable. I can't believe she's in a big girl bed, I am going to have to get some tips!
How is the big girl bed? We have yet to try it but I have wanted to. The rodeo was an adventure with the kids but I think they did great and loved it!
Post a Comment