Saturday, October 2, 2010

2 Yr Checkup

Gabbie went to see her Dr. this week for her 2 year checkup! She is doing fabulous and is growing great and this post is entirely dedicated to her! She was 34.5 inches tall - 65th percentile. 24.5 lbs - 16th percentile ( This is the highest percentile she has been in her life!! She was at the 6th percentile for weight for the last year and a half. So we are super excited!) Head measurement was 62nd percentile. She was able to tell her Dr all of her shapes and colors:) We have been working on numbers and letters at home as well. She basically chatters all day long with me and is talking in sentences. Her favorite questions to ask are "Mom what's that sound," and "Mom what's that." When she is mad at me or I am not giving her my undivided attention she will say, "Hey Mom Heather." She can have quite a little attitude at times, but it usually short lived thank goodness. Most of the time she is so sweet. I am sure we will have plenty of fits in the future but I feel lucky with the amount of fits that take place so far. We try to encourage as much communication as possible to help with the fits and most of the time it at least helps. Lastly I will just mention that tonight was a big night in the Spencer house. We went this evening and got a Big Girl Potty. We put it together and took it up to her bathroom. Before her bath she sat on there several times with no potty. She kept saying, "Aha no potty coming mom." Then after her bath she tried again and went pee pee in there!! We are so proud!! I know this will be a long process but I was so excited. I guess we will be giving the potty training a "real go" sometime soon. I definitely don't want to force the issue but I want to try and see what happens. That's enough of my little brag session for tonight. If anyone still reads our blog we hope you are doing well!!

No comments: