Thursday, May 14, 2009

Eight Big Months

The beginning of May is always crazy for us and this year was no exception. I turned another year older last week, we celebrated our 7 year anniversary and of course Mothers' Day! Things have been a little crazy around here but despite everything most of all I am excited about Gabbie hitting her 8 month mark. We are so in love with our little girl - how could you not be honestly! Everyday I think about how lucky I am to have Gabbie. I feel so incredibly bonded to her....it is the most amazing feeling and I know it will just keep getting better and better!
So we don't have a crawler yet, but we can sense it's getter closer and closer. She has the scooting in a circle down, and has started pushing up on all fours. I also have to watch way close because she often dives for me and my lap! I am surprised that she hasn't fell off our bed yet - we have had many close calls. I guess the bed is no longer a safe play area! You are so strong Gabbie!
Gabbie is trying new foods left and right. Her recent favorites are small bites of grilled chicken and steak! We also have the cherrio craze started. She seems to like most things I give her but still only eats small amounts, which is expected and fine. I am just glad she likes most foods. As you can see she studies food intently. No official teeth yet but there is atleast one tooth making it's way into her mouth. For the last few weeks I have felt a bump and I am sure one of theese days a tooth will appear!
I can't resist posting a pic of her with her baby doll! So precious! She is holding her so nicely.And last, more indication that mobility is on it's way! I found her practically in the bucket the other day!

3 comments:

Da Ballou's said...

Gabbie is so beautiful! She is getting so grown up, it goes way to fast. I know how you feel I always feel so blessed being a Mom and I could not have asked for better kids they amaze me everyday.It looks like you guys are doing well. Keep in touch and give Gabbie loves for me

Joanne said...

happy birthday! happy anniversary! Happy mothers day! and yes Gabbie is adorable. love the pics.

Alyson said...

Isnt this stage the best!! I am enjoying Ada so much right now. I love reading your posts about Gabbie it just makes me smile.