Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Selling, Selling.....SOLD!

First of all I have had several people ask me about an update on Chad's blue dots so here is the scoop. Basically it has to do with his sweat glands. It has a name that Chad didn't write down so I can't even really tell you it. The good news it that they are benign. There are some things he could possibly do to treat them - but there is no real reason other than esthetics's, so they will probably remain intact for now! Thanks for all of your concern though - We really were a little freaked out but it's all good.
Next we have some crazy, exciting news. This is what we have been doing recently. The rumors are true.
April 14th - Talked to our realtor with intent to put our condo up for sale - thinking this could take at least several months.
April 21st- Photographer comes to take pics of our condo so we can put it up for sale!
April 23rd - Our condo goes on the market!
April 24th - First showing of condo.
April 27th - Second showing of condo.
April 28th - Third showing of condo.
April 28th - We have a full price offer on condo from the 27th showing! We accept the offer of course - despite our complete shock and amazement. For those of you keeping track -yes that is 5 total days on the market.
April 29th - House hunting. Chad took time off of work...saw lots of houses all over the south end of the valley. Narrowed it down to three or so that were possibilities.
April 30th - House hunting. We went to several properties and back to the past favorites.
May 1st - House hunting.
May 2nd - We liked two houses in Lehi and made offers on both.
May 3rd -We have a house!!

We are still in total shock about all of this! It happened so fast - way faster than we ever expected. There are still all the politics of buying and selling that need to be completed, but basically it looks promising on both ends. Really we feel very blessed and lucky. It is so bitter sweet for us. Of course buying a house is exciting, but leaving our friends and our ward will be very hard! I really, really hope that we can still keep in touch with all the friends we have made in the condos the last three years! Gabbie will still want to see her little friends too. Anyway, I better go or I may start crying!! We close on the 28th of May. So that leaves us three weeks to pack!! Here is Gabbie looking cute as always.

13 comments:

beth said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting and I'm really glad everything went so smoothly buying and selling! Best of luck in the new place!

Anonymous said...

I really am SO SAD that you are leaving, but I am happy for you that you found a great place and that everything has worked out for you. PLEASE keep in touch with us..at least me. :) I would love to know your new address when you start to give it out.

Brad said...

AWESOME! Glad things went so well for you guys. That is just awesome. Make sure you give me a call when you need help shuffling stuff around.

Lisa Burraston said...

How exciting, so is the house in Lehi? That is where we are looking around, what a coincidence! Let us know all the details! Can't believe how cute and big Gabbie is getting!

Joanne said...

congrats on a house, that is awesome!

Sharon and John said...

i am SO sad though. i don't want my walking buddies to move away! congrats! it's a good thing though.

Charis said...

I am crying. . . despite what everyone else says, it isn't a good thing, I will never be happy about you leaving! SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I am happy for you, only because it is exciting for you. yeah for you! I was banking on it taking forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Hammer said...

Congrats -- you got really lucky selling! Send us your new address and stuff. (spew_usa@yahoo.com)

Hammers

Brittney said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!! I can't believe you already sold your condo!!! That is awesome...I would love to know the name of your Realtor. I AM SO sad you are moving but excited for you too. We will still have to meet up and hang out once you move...I know you'll be farther away but maybe we can meet half way...until we move in July that is and then I am pretty sure you won't want to go all the way to Washington or Oregon to hang out.

Sare said...

It's a bummer for all of us, but with fast action like that, it must have been meant to be. Lehi will be a great place for Gabbie- millions of little kids... just cross your fingers that you don't get put in one of the 3-4 nurseries they'll probably have in the ward! :) I hope we can stay connected!
p.s. how do you know Melissa and Eric? I served with her in Canada...

Miquelin and Jeremy Smith said...

Congrats Heather! Wish we could come help you move...it's a pain, but in the end you'll love your new place. Hope to see you soon. We come out in July, I'll call you.

Brooke said...

So you're buying a house in Lehi!? Yay!!! We will live by each other now! Now we can hang out!!!

Kristine said...

COngrats!! So exciting. Glad that it all went so smoothly, man you guys are lucky.