Connecting Astoria with Washington across the Columbia River. Some of the family had never been to Washington State so we decided to drive across the bridge so they could say they have been.

Dad walking off into the mist.
Gabbie loved the sand, but was also getting upset because her hands would get so dirty.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Portland Trip - Coast
Hiya world.... It is I Chad.... I am posting about a couple of days that we spent earlier in the month in Oregon. The first couple of days we headed out to the Oregon Coast, specifically Seaside, Cannon Beach and Astoria. The first day was a bit rainy and the fog rolled in while we were out, but the next couple of days it really was gorgeous. I should say that even if it is raining Oregon is still gorgeous. Here are a few pictures, well a lot of pictures, and there are more posts to come regarding this trip. If anyone is interested in seeing Oregon, myself and Heather would love to tag along with you. Of course who knows, some of you may have to come visit us there. So enjoy...

Amy and Mom at Cannon Beach, now it was not laying out weather, much to the dismay of Mom, but it was still gorgeous.... and I swear that I heard the Crackin' while we were walking along.
Gabbie loved playing in the sand. She loved getting her little fingers deep into the sand and throwing sand balls. This would have made great sand castle sand.
A light house out in the ocean in the distance.
Haystack rock... these rocks were made infamous in the movie "Goonies"


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! Those pictures are gorgeous! I've been to that coast once, but it was terribly foggy and cold (robably because it was November) so I didn't know it had such beautiful scenery there!
I love that picture of the two of you. Very cute!
Are some of those postcards! Looks like a fun family trip. I love how close Gabbie got to the sand and looks like she never actually sat in it! Cutie!
If I had to pick a place to travel to in the US right now, it would be Oregon. (Hawaii excluded). I love it there. I miss the lusciousness. The raw beauty. I just miss Oregon.
hey we were in portland exactly a year ago. . . loved it. . . great pictures!
love all the pics! everything is so pretty.
So much fun!
Totally, I would love to! If you want to send me some of your favorite pictures (of your arrangements) I'll come up with a background and layout. And again, don't feel bad if you don't like it! No offense taken. I'll create a dummy blogger account and then you can determine if you want me to transfer it to your account. Thanks for this opportunity!
You can email me pictures at recn33@gmail.com.
Post a Comment