Friday, June 18, 2010

Portland Trip - Gardens

Portland is known for it's Gardens, rightfully so. There are a ton of Gardens. We went to several and I loved them all. I could spend days at each of them. Of course we went to the Rose Gardens. We took about 1,000 pics on this trip and so it is torture to only choose a few pics to post:) But I think you can get the gist of the beauty.

One of my favorite close ups of the roses.....so many colors and kinds of roses. The whole family. This was one of only two pics we got of all of us together!
Gabbie smelling the roses and Gabbie climbing up some of the many stairs. So cute:)

Japanese Gardens. Again just so pretty!! It is SO green and there was a very relaxing feeling here. Chad thought they were just as authentic looking as the Gardens he visited when he traveled to Japan.




There were cool water features everywhere!
Chinese Gardens. Nat and I were the only ones who went in here. One of my favorite things about these were the paths. The detail is incredible!! It was nice to walk on as well.

More Portland posts coming.....so stay tuned. Sorry for slacking!!

2 comments:

Sare said...

I've always wanted to check out the various Japanese gardens between Oregon and BC- keep posting photos!!

Charis said...

I loved those gardens. I didn't miss that, I have hundreds of pictures from it.