As many of you know my mom and step father are in Nauvoo serving a 23 month mission. Mom and Joe are doing well and it was so good to visit them and see the church history of Nauvoo!The church has restored all the "sites" and we were able to tour most of them including the Brigham Young Home, John Taylor Home, Lucy Mack Smith Home, The Lyon Drug Store,The Red Brick Store, The Browning Gun Shop, The Seventies Hall and the Family Living Center just to name a few. We also saw the graveyard where Joseph and Emma Smith along with other's are burried which was very special. We took a carriage ride through the streets of Nauvoo, saw the Mississippi River and did a session at the Nauvoo Temple. We drove to the city of Carthage and took the tour of the Carthage Jail where Joseph and Hyrum were martyred. Being at the jail was very emotional but a deffinate highlight of the trip - I think I went through an entire box of tissues.
Before driving to Nauvoo we spent some time in St. Louis. We were able to journey to the top of the St. Louis Arch! To reach the top we sat in these small pod like elevators that only fit a max of 5 people sitting. It took 4 minutes to reach the top where we then looked out over the entire city...it was beautiful but we only spent about 10 min up there because it really messes with your equilibrium.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! You guys are really getting your fill of trips before the baby comes. I've always wanted to go to Nauvoo. Maybe we will go this summer - we're still trying to decide what to do for vacation!
what a fun trip! I have always wanted o go to Nauvoo. I am glad you both had fun. See you guys soon
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and that is awesome that your mom gets to serve a mission there. I think that would be a great place to serve!
Post a Comment