Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trip to Nauvoo



The St Louis Arch... for 50 points: name the architect!



The view from the top of the arch, an amazing 630 feet off of the ground. You get to the top taking these small pod like elevators that can hold 4 people to the top.









John Taylor's Dining Room







The blacksmith shop and the wagon shop



Heather, Mom and Joe



This is a token picture for Grandpa... a John Deere Tractor in the sunset




Carthage Jail: The top left window is the window.



The Nauvoo temple... we were lucky enough to get an appointment to do a session. It was very small compared to the very large temples we have around us here.



The Nauvoo temple in the background with Joseph and Hyrum in the foreground on the horses. We waited a few days to see if a sunny day would ever come to take some pictures, but it never did.

3 comments:

Natalie Redd said...

I love all the new photos! I like the one on the side that shows all the baby clothes you already have! That is so funny! I will probably be the same way.

Lisa Burraston said...

Ya'll were so close, you could have just driven the 10 hours to Mississippi to visit! I am so glad you had a good time!

April Austin said...

I am so jealous of your trip to Nauvoo. I would love to go see all that history. You guys have been busy! I've been busy avoiding the computer, but I'm trying to be good. We might need some better belly pictures. I can't even see it!!!! Oh...and I like your long hair! I've never seen it long...and blonde! :)