Monday, July 28, 2008

The Uintah Mountains

I must say that one major perk of living in Utah is having the 24th of July off of work! This year we decided to hed up to the Uintah Mountains with Chad's family to enjoy some cooler weather and ATV riding. We had a great time and it was georgous!It was about mid 70's most of the day which was incredibly refreshing. We were able to spend some time at Mirror Lake and we were lucky enough to see a huge moose that Chad got some cool photo's of. As far as the ATV riding goes...Chad took "his girls" on one short trail ride but that was about all the baby and I could handle. I really didn't want to go into labor at 33 weeks in the mountains!What a blessing to live so close to such beauty.


One of the biggest bugs we have ever seen crawled up the chair and decided that he wanted to pose for a picture. So I gave him his wish... I think he later bit me on the leg because I have a nasty mark... on second thought, it may be West Nile...



Driving down the back side of Mt. Baldy Pass we saw out of the corner of our eyes this moose down in the meadow. Being an excellent driver, my father carefully pulled the truck and trailer off to the side of the road so that myself, my mom and Natalie could high tail it over the marsh, up the hill, down the hill, up the other hill, down the other hill and then once again up another hill to where I could begin to see the meadow. Mom and Nat stayed back as I used my excellent tracking skills to sneak up on the moose to get a good picture. Since I have a daughter on the way soon I decided against moving much closer for the fear of getting trampled with moose prints down my back. So this is what you get.



Mirror Lake



Also at the Lake



Myself and Heather at the Lake

8 comments:

Brad said...

Man! That sounds wonderful. The Uintas are always fun. But I didn't think you guys were "trail" riding people. Only the dunes for you:-P.

beth said...

That sounds like a great way to spend the 24th!

Natalie Redd said...

I am so offended you didn't put any pictures of me on your blog. Didn't you see my blog? I have pictures of you! I am proud to be your sister, but I see how it is.

Kristine said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I miss cooler weather. I am so looking forward to fall, or at least the AZ version. Can you believe you are down to the final stretch?? You are in single digits in the weeks left to go. She will be here before you know it!!

Brad said...

Chad, you always have had the best tracking skills. It makes me very jealous at times. :-)

Lisa Burraston said...

Looks like a good time, but I want to see that prego belly!

BoltonBlog said...

I love the pictures, it makes me want to go up in those mountains again. I can't believe that little belly. When are you going to look pregnant? You are so cute, you know I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. I love those firework pictures. They are really cool. Do you know what you are having as far as the baby? When are you due & how are you feeling?