Thursday, August 7, 2008

Us...Parents...Whoa!!

So I am just having a moment...I can't belive that Chad and I will be parents in a matter of weeks now! I went to my Dr. yesterday and our baby girl is doing well and growing good. Every time I hear her little heart beat I get more and more excited! I just can't believe she will be here so soon. I pray that she is strong and healthy and I hope that Chad and I can be good parents to her. If any of you have parenting advice for us prior to becoming parents..comment away:)

7 comments:

Alyson said...

You guys will do great! Just enjoy every moment, they grow so fast.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys. You will LOVE being parents. It is so rewarding-even though it has its challenges sometimes. Especially when you have a very active little soul like we do.

I feel the same way when I hear the heartbeat. It is the same now as when I was pregnant with Jackson. Wait til' she is here. It is even more wonderful and surreal.

As far as advice, sleep when she sleeps. Even though your place might be or feel like a disaster, you will be a better mom if you can take care of yourself in that way. That was hard for me to get used to and I still am getting used to it, but I find it so true! Enjoy every stage..It is true: they grow up WAY TOO FAST!!!

Jen Demaris said...

SO excited for you guys! This will be big! what kind of birth are you going for? I am going ALL natural, midwife and all. I did it last time and loved it! Cant wait to see pics soon please keep us updated!

Kristine said...

You guys will be great parents. As others have said, sleep when she is sleeping. When I was in the hospital, don't have Chad spend the night. I know it is hard to not have him there, but he will be getting no sleep. At least one should get some sleep. Also, don't have the baby in the room with you at night. Just have them bring her to you on demand when she is hungry. That way you can get a couple nights of sleep and not wake up for every little noise she makes at night. Plus regarless of whatever delivery you end up having you will be exauhusted!!! Good luck. You two will be great.

Anderson Avenue said...

I agree with what everyone has said. You guys will be such cute parents. My advice would be...to have a schedule from the start! It seems hard to make them wait to eat or sleep but it works out in your favor if you do. I wasn't very good with Avree but I was better with Kason and it has helped sooooo much.

Audrey Hammer said...

Sleep when baby sleeps -- but this only works for the first one.

Put baby to sleep with a fan.

Give three chances before a time-out.

Ask, will this matter in ten years?

Lisa Burraston said...

Heather,
Please let us know what you need when the baby comes. You and Chad are going to be great parents! I wish I could offer some parenting advice, but I am still trying to figure things out myself! I know what I would tell you, get your baby to drink from at least one bottle a day as well as breastfeed. That way she will take both, and it will make your life easier!