Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wedding Flowers






Most of you know, but in case you don't - I love to arrange flowers! It is a fun hobby/side business of mine. Before Gabbie was born I did quite a few weddings. Arranging is one way I feel I can express my passion for creativity. I also love trying to make each bride happy when it comes to the flowers. It's funny how particular some brides can be, versus some who just leave it up to the expert! Either way it always turns out beautiful and it feeds my soul. I am thankful to have the chance to arrange every once in awhile! Here are some pics from the Bolton Wedding I did this earlier this week. The colors were awesome to work with. I loved the style of the reception decor they had as well! I also have created a blog (flowers-by-heather.blogspot.com) that is dedicated to my flower arranging so check it out sometime, though I will say it is still very much a work in progress!

6 comments:

Joanne said...

absolutely love it! Can I book you now to do Addie and Kate's wedding flowers?

Stout House said...

Heather, you are so talented!! What gorgeous arrangements! Don't know if you already have someone designing your flower blog- but if you don't, I'd love to design something for you? I'm trying to start-up my own little design business on the side so would love to take a crack at designing your blog! There is certainly no pressure if you already have something in mind, and this would totally be free btw- I'd just love to expand my portfolio and also help a friend out :) Anywho, my email address if you are interested: recn33@gmail.com. Love your work!

Stout House said...

Sorry to post a comment again! Here's my portfolio so you can get an idea of what I've done so far: http://robertastout.carbonmade.com/ but really, no pressure! Really.

Jillian said...

Heather, I love your stuff! I wish you lived closer, I would get you lots of business. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers and pictures. I love the colors. Very beautiful.

I also love the header picture of Gabbie-adorable~

Brittney said...

I had no idea you arranged flowers...you do an awesome job! What a talent! Oh, and we need to plan to get together this summer while I am in Utah!