Wednesday, February 11, 2009

5 Month Excitement

The last few weeks at our house have been quite exciting! Gabbie has now mastered rolling from her tummy to her back and last night she rolled from her back to her tummy as well. She can't quite figure out how to move her arms out of the way after she rolls to her tummy but I am sure that will come soon.
I posted this pic because Gabbie is always crossing her feet like a little lady. We think it is super cute. She also loves having a blanket around her when she it just hanging out.
Gabbie is starting to sit on her own as well. She likes sitting on the couch like a big girl and she almost has sitting on the floor down too. In this pic she is watching Curious George I think. She will also play with toys while she sits!
This picture is so hilarious I think. I have been starting to feed her a little rice cereal but she really is more interested in the box at this point! Every day I feed her some cereal, but it is hit and miss. Some days she likes it other days she does not. I am sure pretty soon she will be ready for more solids but it's nothing I am rushing. Regardless eating is so much fun as you can tell in these pics!
This is Gabbie with her friend Zach. Mostly they just look at each other. Occasionally Gabbie will want to touch his face or hand. It's pretty cute to see her interact with other kids and people.

Last, this is Gabbie in a basket. We tried sitting her in here for the first time this past weekend and she seems to like it. We just pile in the toys on her lap and she goes to town!


We are so proud of all the things you are learning Gabbie! We love you.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

what fun times you are having! she is so adorable, and a proper little lady!

Lisa Burraston said...

She is sooo cute! I love all her hair!

Natalie Redd said...

Hooray! She can finally roll! I am so excited for her and to experience these things with Stokton! I feel like I haven't seen you guys in a long time. Maybe the next time will be at the hospital :) Most likely it will be this weekend though. Sorry Chad, I don't think he wants to be born on Valentines day.

Kristine said...

oh what fun times. She is so cute and adorable. I love all her hair. Soon her will be mobile and then all new challenges :)

April Austin said...

Oh she is so beautiful! I love her hair! This age is so much fun. Things really start picking up once they start rolling. Soon she'll be sitting, then reaching, then before you know it she'll be crawling and you'll be in big trouble! I'm so excited for you!

Alyson said...

ha ha ha, i have that same basket i am totally trying that!